Applied Materials has an exciting opportunity to join a world class Process Diagnostics and Control Group (PDC). PDC is responsible for developing and manufacturing optical inspection and metrology technology, partner with our customers taking them from concept to mass production and achieve yield improvement continuously. We leverage cutting edge technology and techniques, interface with multi-functional teams to take these solutions into high-volume production. Now, we are on a fast growing curve in the market, have built relationships and collaborated with key customer to triple market share successfully. This position will manage 2-3 product lines, requires solid experience in people management, inspection, defect and yield enhancement, also play a critical role in internal and external coordination to penetrate the application of our product within Semiconductor industry.
1. Engages with TSMC YED (Yield Enhancement Division) customers at a senior and management level to identify High Value Problems.
2. Work closely with PDC I&R (inspection & review) to develop DVS (Differentiate, Valued and Sustainable) solutions to address customer High Value Problems.
3. Drives the adoption of new technology at the customer site. Manages a team that works closely with customers to demonstrate and introduce new technologies at customer sites, through Demos, on site evaluations, Joint Development Programs and new tool qualifications.
4. Manage PSEs providing highly visible customer support through the performance of on-site installation, as well as any necessary diagnoses, troubleshooting, service, and repair of complex equipment and systems.
5. Mentor and oversee technical development of entire PSE team at assigned location. Implement appropriate training plans to enhance strength of the team.
6. Responsible for demand planning and financial forecast of activity.
PROVIDE TEM ANALYSIS
• Lead a team of engineer(s) and technician(s) to provide high quality TEM analysis to customers both inside and outside of YE.
• create TEM submission guidelines and policies, monitor workflow, and create regular reports on performance.
• evaluate current performance and drive for continuous improvement in TEM lab performance thru training, new methods, and new/updated equipment.
• Provides Technical Advice.
• Seen as technical expert in YE. Encourages the growth of the technical skills within YE.
PROVIDE EQUIPMENT SUPPORT TO THE YE LAB
• Create and update procedures and documentation for the preventative and unscheduled maintenance of all tools in the YE lab.
• Insure regular and on time preventative maintenance to all YE equipment.
• Respond with appropriate timeliness to YE equipment repair needs.
• Track overall equipment uptime and utilization where possible.
• Troubleshoot and repair equipment issues in support of equipment technician.
MANAGEMENT TEAM MEMBER PERFORMANCE
• Conduct performance management and professional development of direct reports
• Provide communication regarding job expectations and changes
• Identify areas of improvement and provide a plan to improve performance of direct reports
• Provide a work environment that empowers employees to creatively improve their work environment
• Foster a productive team environment within, and outside of, the yield enhancement team
• Outline goals for each employee that will impact department goals, and monitor performance achievement
• Recognize team members for their contribution
BUILD A EFFICIENT TEAM
• Manage team staffing and succession
• Prioritize work, remove barriers, and drive for accountability
• Empower team members and promote teamwork
• Distribute work and learning opportunities
• Provide line of sight to strategic objectives
Environmental, Health, and Safety
• Maintain a clean, safe and accident-free work environment
• Accurately identifies and appropriately handles chemicals and associated hazards in work area